Saturday, August 25, 2012

Granny Stripe Afghan Progress


I love hearing from my blog readers, and a couple of days ago I was asked a question about my granny stripe afghan tutorial.  The reader wanted to know how many chains to make to start a king-sized granny stripe afghan.  I counted mine and there are 225.  I purposely didn't make this one wide enough to hang down on the sides but to just cover the top of the bed.


 I have had this one in the works for quite a long time, and my last skein of yarn is the green one you see in the photo.  I was about to sew in the ends and stop, but after seeing how close I am to having an afghan large enough to cover the top of our king sized bed, I think I'm going to get some more of the yarn and keep going.  Right now it is wider than it is long, and I was just going to use it with the stripes running vertically.

The tutorial for my Granny Stripe Afghan is listed on my sidebar, or it can be found here.

 
  Hope you can relax and crochet today.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what patience you must have. A king size afghan is quite the undertaking. Beautiful, and I agree with you...keep going.

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lu ann

    I have just started learning crochet and I've become and addict! It's difficult to choose betweeen crochet and patchwork! I'm now doing a granny stripe afghan like you and I love it, it's so easy and relaxing.
    I'm going to have a look in this blog I didn't know, I only knew the patchwork one

    ReplyDelete

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10